Friday, January 19, 2018

Three-Dimensional Scrapbooks - "Treasurespaces" All Around You!

Three-dimensional Scrapbooks - Treasurespaces
I first recognized the concept of three-dimensional scrapbooks when I was gazing at my Christmas tree.  My tree has many dated ornaments, many of which were symbolic of an event that had occurred that year and other deeply treasured ornaments including the antique shiny globe ornaments from my great uncle's restaurant in Chicago that came from Germany. "Why, it's a three-dimensional scrapbook", I mused.
Christmas is over and the tree is down, but other three-dimensional scrapbooks can also be found in my homescape, one of which is my dresser.
For starters, it's my mom's old dresser. She has passed away, but it was the dresser that is part of the bedroom suite she and my dad had picked out. That's a fine foundation for a three-dimensional scrapbook! I even treasure the worn surface of the dresser top. She used to keep dresser scarves on it so I have no idea how it got in that condition. Below you can see the dresser and all its scrapbook features. I couldn't label everything but almost every item is special in some way.  I guess I need to come up with a new term because unless it's a book it's not a "scrapbook". How about Treasurespaces?
I hope you will look around your home and find existing or potential Treasurespaces that  commemorate and memorialize as a scrapbook does. And may your scrapbooking always be Good-For-You!
Click the image below to view it full size.
Dresser as a Three-Dimensional Scrapbook Treasurespace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Preserved is Treasured For Years

A  # MOMent  scrapbook page from a long time ago. The blackboard-like paper made the perfect background for the photo of a sidewalk chalk ...